- FotoFest 2018
- 2018 Biennial
- Participating Spaces
- Catalogue Information
FotoFest 2018 Biennial
The FotoFest 2018 Biennial Catalogue is the publication of record for the FotoFest Biennial. The format will follow the conventions set in previous years. As a Participating Space, you may be a part of the Catalogue.
We are now organizing the catalogue. We are offering the following options for inclusion in the catalogue. Please note that the prices reflect printing costs only. FotoFest absorbs design, administration, and production costs.
If you are interested in participating in the Catalogue, please complete the online CATALOGUE FORM.
Catalogue Pages - B&W or Color
• 2 pages – One image on one page, and text on the second page: $500
• 4 pages – Three images, on three pages, and text on the fourth page: $800
Additional images: $100 per image
Additional two page spread: $300
A 10% discount will be offered to all Participating Spaces that have all catalogue materials to FotoFest by Friday, August 4, 2017.
Friday, August 18, 2017
All materials, (text and visuals), are due by this date. All text (exhibition title, essay, captions and artists bios) and image files must have file extensions (eg .DOC for text; .TIF for images), and saved on a CD/DVD/Jump Drive. See image requirements below.
Payment may be made via credit card, or check.
Catalogue materials must be submitted via the ONLINE CATALOGUE FORM, and should include the following Information.
PLEASE SEE THE SAMPLE CATALOGUE TEXT PAGE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
1. Name of Space:
2. Type of Space: Museum, College & University, Non-Profit Art Space, Non-Profit Space, Commercial Galleries, Corporate Space, Retail or Restaurant Space, Artist Studio.
3. Title of Exhibition:
4. Exhibiting Artist(s):
5. Text/Essay: Please note - Essays have ranged from 0 to 150 words for a single page sharing an image. Essays have ranged from 0 to 350 words for a single page of text with image on the second page. The amount of text will determine the size of the image. See SAMPLE CATALOGUE. *If you quote from a text or art review it is necessary to include footnotes.
6. Author of Text/Essay: Name of author or authoring organization. Essays will not be published without authorship.
7. Caption Information: Artist Name, Title, Date, Medium, Courtesy of (artist or organization)
8. Short Biography for each Exhibiting Artist and Curator: Please remember copy will formatted by catalogue designer. Please do not use special fonts or caps.
Narrative paragraph of 5 to 12 sentences, not more than 100 words. Because you are most familiar with your exhibiting artists’ accomplishments, we ask that you create the concise biography. PLEASE SEE THE SAMPLE CATALOGUE TEXT PAGE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
Do NOT send long vita or artists’ resumes. We will have to return them to you for rewriting. Please also include a link to your website, which we can add at the end of each bio.
If an individual curator has been important in organizing the show and you want to credit the curator. Please send biography (follow directions for artist’s biography).
All visuals must be in the form of high quality digital files. Digital files MUST be accompanied by a proof print that you want the printer to use as a reference for reproducing your catalogue image.
The digital files must be:
- At least 350 DPI, at roughly 8.5 x 11 inch
- CMYK or GREY SCALE (RGB and Pantone colors will not print correctly)
- Saved as a TIFF (.tif)
- Have file names saved as follows: VenueName_ArtistLastName.tif (eg. HCP_Smith.tif). If there is more than one image by the same artist, please add part of the image title after the last name.
- If your black and white image has a tone to it then save as CMYK and please note the tone on the proof print.
- Send or deliver a proof print to FotoFest
Digital Files must be uploaded the FotoFest Dropbox. You will receive a link to upload you images after completing the page purchase.
Payment may be made via credit card, or check.
Credit card payments are accepted via PayPal. Receipt of your check or credit card information with your materials, with an authorized signature for the full amount of your catalogue pages will guarantee space for your organization’s exhibition in the FotoFest 2018 Biennial Catalogue. Confirmation of payment will be sent to you for your records.
All Participating Spaces that participate in the FotoFest 2018 Biennial Catalogue will receive two complimentary copies. Additional copies for artists will be available at a discount.
Spaces interested in selling the catalogue will receive a 40% discount if they purchase the catalogues. If catalogues are consigned, then a 20% discount is offered.
We look forward to working with you!
Please direct questions to:
Associate Curator and Publications Director
2000 Edwards Street, Building C, Suite 2, Houston, TX 77007
713-223-5522 ext 18, firstname.lastname@example.org